Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 38: Trains
Part 5 incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. Do you have a _____ map that shows all the station stops west of the Mississippi?
11. We got lost in the train station and had to ask for _____ to the gate that our train was leaving from.
12. The train has stopped because of a malfunction, but we expect it to be _____ again within minutes.
13. John never arrives _____, so i am always anxious when we travel together for fear of missing a train.
14. Sylvia’s family _____ with her in the station until she was ready to board the train.
15. With this trafﬁc, there isn’t even a _____ chance that we will get to the train station on time.
Part 6 Text Completion
I have made your train reservations for you. The tickets are enclosed. Your train leaves Sunday morning at 11:15. You should arrive at the train station on time since the trains all leave punctually. All the first-class tickets were sold out, so I wasn’t able to get you deluxe accommodations. The tourist-class ticket i got you is considerably cheaper than a first-class ticket, so I hope the lower _____ (16) offsets your disappointment in not getting to ride first-class. I think you won’t notice the difference since the trip is _____ (17) short. I am sure you will be quite comfortable for the _____ (18) of the ride. I will be waiting at the station for you when you arrive. I look forward to seeing you.
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
Western Train Adventure
This comprehensive travel package includes round—trip train fare with sleeping car accommodations, deluxe hotel accommodations and meals at all overnight stops, and guided tours of selected cities along the way. In addition, your train ticket entitles you to three meals a day in the dining car or snack car while on board the train. We will travel through some remote areas with spectacular scenery. Every morning, a professional guide will provide information about the geology, natural history, and ﬂora and fauna native to the areas we will travel through. You can spend the remainder of the day relaxing in your seat, chatting with your fellow passengers, or viewing movies. They will be shown twice a (lay in the lounge ear, following lunch and dinner. An optional boat excursion to Victoria Island will be available at the western end of the trip for an extra fee. This special excursion is two days in duration and must be reserved and paid for two weeks prior to the trip departure date. The following trip departure dates are available:
See your travel agent for reservations, or visit our Web site at www.trainadventures.com.
19. Who is this information for?
(A) Travel agents.
(B) Tour guides.
(D) Business travellers.
20. Where can passengers watch movies?
(A) In the dining car.
(B) In the lounge car.
(C) In the sleeping car.
(D) In the snack car.
21. What is not included in the price of the travel package?
(A) Hotel accommodations.
(C) Guided tours.
(D) A trip to an island.
22. The word comprehensive in line 2 is closest in meaning to
23. The word entitles in line 4 is closest in meaning to
Xem bài học chi tiết tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/tu-vung-toeic/sach-600-tu-vung-toeic-lesson-38-trains-hoc-hay-171.html
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader